The school has a uniform. We realise that a number of our pupils have specific preferences for certain types of clothing or individual garments, however should your child have no objections to wearing school uniform, then the following items apply:
- Grey skirt/trousers
- Sky blue blouse, shirt or polo shirt
- Gingham Summer dresses (Pale Blue)
- Dark Blue school sweatshirt with logo (available from Whittakers School wear on line )
- Grey/black or white socks with dark shoes
The following items should be worn for Physical Education:
- Emerald Green Polo Shirt (available from www.whittakersschoolwear.co.uk )
- White Shorts
- Black plimsolls/trainers
- Swimming Costume/Trunks
Our school uniform is available from Whittakers Schoolwear. Orders must be made via their website – www.whittakersschoolwear.co.uk
Once on the website click on the shop tab – Blackburn is the location – select Hillside Specialist School & College. ( Book bags, PE Bags, Caps and Coats are also available)
Some families may be eligible for a school clothing grant. Applications should be directed to your Area Education Office.
Please could you ensure that all of your child’s clothing is clearly marked with their name.
Pupils should not wear jewellery to school unless it is for strict religious or medical purposes. Jewellery can present safety issues for pupils particularly during PE activities.