Outreach and Training
|Lisa Rowlinson||Claire Iddon||Julie Greenall||Emma Cookson|
Outline of Contractual support service
Hillside Specialist School & College can provide support to Staff, Parents, Children and Young People to develop strategies to improve the lives and education of students with Autism. Hillside is the only community special school in Lancashire and provides education for pupils aged 3-19. We have a staff team that are skilled and experienced in supporting the development of Communication, Social Skills, Behaviour and Sensory needs.
Our experienced staff will provide support to schools through a child centred approach to achieve positive outcomes. We like to train staff on an individual basis to be able to carry on once the contract has finished.
We can be contracted to provide On site Outreach support over a term through a minimum of two visits to observe the pupil and advise staff through a feedback report.
- The initial visit, per child, will be for one hour at the beginning of the term, and a second, one hour visit will take place towards the end of the term.
- The charge for these visits along with the production of the action plan is £250 per child.
- Mileage per visit will be charged at 45p per mile on a round trip from Hillside to your school (as per ‘bing maps’).
If you would prefer Remote Outreach support, in the interests of keeping all of our staff and children safe due to Covid concerns, you could choose a telephone appointment /support and we have reshaped our format and charges accordingly:
- We can be contracted to provide Outreach support over a term through an arranged meeting (one hour) either by phone or Microsoft Teams and a follow up advice report.
- The charge for this service will be £85 per child. This included one hour of preparation, a one hour meeting and a follow up advice report, plus school admin time.
Please contact our school office (01772 782205) to request support or complete your chosen support package Application Form along with a completed Parental consent form; all can be downloaded from below, then email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
INSET training can be provided to support staff development. Please contact our school office to make an enquiry and discuss your needs.
The National Autistic Society EARLY BIRD PLUS PROGRAMME can be accessed through our Outreach Team. EBP is a three month programme for parents/carers (families) of young children (4-8 years) with an autism spectrum disorder and for professionals supporting them. Please email email@example.com for more information and to register your interest.