Outreach and Training
Outline of service and charges - These have changed from Autumn 2023, so please read carefully.
Hillside is the only autism specific special school in Lancashire and provides education for pupils aged 4-19. We have a staff team that are skilled and experienced in supporting the development of Communication, Social Skills, Behaviour and Sensory needs. Our reports are written like a ‘mini, personalised course’ with the intention of increasing your staff knowledge, autism awareness and the needs of the individual to improve the lives and education of students with Autism.
New/Initial contracts: The first visit, per child, will be for up to one and a half hours, after which a report with recommendations will be provided, then a further review visit will be made of up to one hour.
If the visit requires a longer period, this will be chargeable at an hourly rate as outlined below.
Ongoing follow up visits: If further visits are required, these can be requested for a one hour visit, and an update report with any further recommendations will be provided.
If you wish to apply for our Outreach service after reading the T's & C's below, please complete a downloadable application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Terms and Conditions & charges
- The charge for New/initial contracts, which includes 2 visits and the recommendation report is £250 per child. If the visit requires a longer period, this will be chargeable at £25 per hour, for which a further agreement form must be signed prior to the provision of the extra time.
- The charge for Ongoing follow up contracts, which include one visit and an update report with further recommendations will be chargeable at £100. If the visit requires a longer period, this will be chargeable at £25 per hour, for which, a further agreement form must be signed prior to the provision of the extra time.
- Mileage per visit will be charged at 45p per mile on a round trip from Hillside to your school.
- Schools outside a 10-mile radius of Hillside Specialist School & College (PR3 3XB) will be charged travelling time at £12 per half hour.
- The receipt of an emailed contract document will be treated as an official request for chargeable services.
- Parental consent for each child must be received by Hillside prior to an initial visit.
- If visits are cancelled by the client giving less than 24 hours’ notice, we will make every effort to arrange an alternative date within that term, although this cannot be guaranteed; charges will still be applied.
- If a child is absent from school on the morning of the arranged visit, the client is required to inform Hillside by calling 01772 782205 (please use the answerphone if before 8:30am) and we will reschedule the visit. If this is in time to prevent the Outreach worker from making the journey to your school, there will be no additional charge.
- In case of unforeseen absence of our staff member, we will endeavour, where possible to arrange a replacement staff member on the day or reschedule the visit.
- If a face-to-face visit is not possible due to exceptional circumstances, a remote service (telephone, Teams) will be provided instead.
- We will endeavour to provide recommendation reports within one week of the visit.
- Invoices will be posted to the school after the first visit date along with a breakdown of the charges incurred.
- The terms of the contract can be reviewed by the request of either the client or the provider if it is considered that the needs of the pupil have changed.
- Hillside Specialist School may contact the parent/guardian named to seek feedback to evaluate the service provided.
- A service feedback form will be issued to the client along with the final update report.
This statement is provided with the intention to comply with your right to be informed under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may hold and process the following information:
- Your personal and contact details including your name, telephone numbers, email addresses
- Particulars of your employment including your job title
We are the controller of this information in that we may request particular information from you or your employer. We are also the processor of this information. This data has been gathered so that we can provide an Outreach Service. You are party to the contract and the data is processed on this basis.
The officer responsible for the protection of your data is:
Liz Ascroft, DPO