Class 2 2022 - 2023
Mrs Jo Evans
Ms Roxanne Lundbeck
Welcome to Class 2.
Our topic this half term is ‘zoo, farm animals and vets’. In our English and Communication Sessions we are looking at several stories linked to this topic. Firstly, we will be looking at ‘Rumble in the Jungle’.
Our topic in maths is 'money' We will be identifying different coins and their value. Some children will explore the props and will embrace the money songs during our group time. Furthermore, we will also go on weekly Aldi trips to consolidate the children's learning about money and using it in real life situations.
- In RE we will be learning about the Easter story.
- As spring is approaching, we will be looking at animal life cycles.
- The children will also be working hard on their independence skills when getting dressed and undressed for PE. Aswell, as learning to move like different animals linked to our topic.
- PSHE - Our topic is 'taking care of ourselves' and each each week we will focus on a different element. E.g. people who help us, looking after ourselves, brushing teeth, hair and exercise and healthy food choices.
As always, we will continue to work on our individual targets.
- PE - Takes place on a Friday afternoon. With this in mind please make sure the children have a PE kit in school for our Friday session.
- A spare set of clothes and waterproof coat/wellies, so we are always prepared for whatever the weather brings us.
- Snacks and/or lunch, make sure you have ordered a school lunch if appropriate.
- A water bottle or drink every day
- Remember to check emails for updates and messages. Please let us know if there are any issues or useful information that will help us to support your child.
Wednesday AM - children centre visit
Thursday PM - shopping trip to Aldi
Please contact the Class 2 team with any questions or queries. We are all happy to help in any way we can.
Roxy, Jo and the Class 2 team.
Files to Download
Class 2: News items
Class 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display