Hillside Specialist School and College: Mission statement, Values and Vision
A school where autistic pupils can learn to their full potential in a fun, safe and inclusive, environment.
1. Respect – Every member of the Hillside Community is always respectful to others, regardless of who they are.
2. Nurture – Hillside is a nurturing environment which will help every pupil to do the best they can in a safe and caring way.
3. Responsibility - Everyone at Hillside takes responsibility for themselves in every way they can to be the best they can.
4. Creativity – Hillside has an ambitiously creative curriculum to support pupils to achieve their very best.
5. Individuality – Hillside pupils are encouraged to embrace their individuality and are supported to understand their Autism by staff and parents who advocate for them
In five years time we will be:
· A Centre of Excellence for Autism provision in Lancashire
· We will have expanded our provision and outreach as a specialist Autism school
· We will have a curriculum that is creative and adaptive with personalised pathways for all pupils
· Our pupils are fully prepared to succeed in whatever environment or placement they move on to in their next stage in life
· Our staff are highly skilled, and leading practitioners in supporting pupils to understand their own individual needs, developing resilience and the ability to self-regulate.