Teaching Assistant Level 3 - Maternity Cover - closing date 5 December 2022
Hillside is a Special School & College for children and young adults with autism. Presently we have 105 students ranging from age 4 to 19 years. We encourage a happy and professional culture and seek highly energetic and motivated staff who embrace challenge. We believe in the uniqueness of every student and offer a personalised approach to teaching.
School support staff have the advantage of working term time only with salary paid over 12 equal months – perfect for parents of school age children or if you enjoy extended summer travels.
What you can expect from us:
- The chance to work with our wonderful individual children and young adults.
- Annual programme of in-house training to help cement your knowledge. NB. all Hillside support staff take advantage of the 5 paid training days each academic year.
- Hillside staff have the benefit of free membership to the School's Advisory Service health and wellbeing services which includes Wellbeing clinics, Nurse support services, GP phone & video consultations, Counselling and Mindfulness programmes.
- To work alongside staff whose professional support is sought by Lancashire mainstream schools.
What we expect from you:
- A positive attitude to work within a dedicated class team.
- To work collaboratively with the teacher in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of the effectiveness of the curriculum for pupil(s) and to differentiate curriculum content according to the needs of pupil(s).
- To plan and implement specific programmes with individual pupils or groups appropriate to the developmental needs of individual children throughout different curriculum areas.
- To abide by the Code of conduct
Please refer to the job description for a fuller range of duties.
In this school, the welfare of the child is paramount. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please look at the downloadable forms below and email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you read the information on our Vacancies page which applies to all school roles.