Teaching Assistant Level 2b Permanent - closing date 12 June 2023
Hillside is a Special School & College for children and young adults with autism. Presently we have 105 students ranging from age 4 to 19 years. We encourage a happy and professional culture and seek highly energetic and motivated staff who embrace challenge. We believe in the uniqueness of every student and offer a personalised approach to teaching.
Due to internal promotions we are looking for a permanent Teaching Assistant Level 2b to start from September 2023.
School support staff have the advantage of working term time only with salary paid over 12 equal months – perfect for parents of school age children or if you enjoy extended summer travels.
More Information about our school and requirements of new staff applicants can be found on our website at www.hillside.lancsngfl.ac.uk.
The working pattern is usually 09:00 to 15:15 Monday to Friday
What you can expect from us:
- The chance to work with our wonderful individual children and young adults.
- An opportunity to work towards higher qualifications to assist your progression
- Annual programme of in-house training to help cement your knowledge. NB. all Hillside support staff take advantage of the 5 paid training days each academic year.
- Hillside staff have the benefit of free membership to the School's Education Mutual health and wellbeing services which includes Wellbeing clinics, Nurse support services, GP consultations, Counselling and physio programmes.
- To work alongside staff whose professional support is sought by Lancashire mainstream schools.
What we expect from you:
- A positive attitude to work within a dedicated class team.
- Under the general supervision and direction of the teacher you will be expected to plan and implement learning activities for individuals and groups.
- You will also be required to monitor pupil progress and provide feedback to the class teacher and establish supportive and constructive relationships with pupils, parents and carers.
- To abide by the Code of conduct
Please refer to the job description for a fuller range of duties.
CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete an application form and return to email@example.com .
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
Make sure you read the information on our Vacancies Page which applies to all school roles.