Teaching Assistant Level 1 Permanent. Closing date 26 February 2024
Ref: 190497 Grade: 3
Closing date: 26 February 2024
Salary: £11.59 an hour, £22,366 to £ 23,114 is full time salary range, £14,425 is actual
Term: Part-time, term time only Permanent. Required: from asap
Hours: 27.5 hours a week, across Monday to Friday.
Location: HILLSIDE SPECIALIST SCHOOL AND COLLEGE Ribchester Road,
Longridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR3 3XB Tel: 01772 782205
School website: www.hillside.lancsngfl.ac.uk
Hillside is a Special School & College for children and young adults with autism. Presently we have 108 students ranging from age 4 to 18 years. We encourage a happy and professional culture and seek highly energetic and motivated staff who embrace challenge. We believe in the uniqueness of every student and offer a personalised approach to teaching.
School support staff have the advantage of working term time only with salary paid over 12 equal months – perfect for parents of school age children or if you enjoy extended summer travels. We have a permanent vacancy for immediate start.
More Information about our school and requirements of new staff applicants can be found on our website at www.hillside.lancsngfl.ac.uk.
The working pattern is usually Monday to Friday 9:30 to 15:30, however these hours can be moved slightly for the right candidate.
What you can expect from us:
- The chance to work with our wonderful individual children and young adults.
- An opportunity to work towards higher qualifications to assist your progression. Hillside works alongside Nelson & Colne College, who visit Hillside to provide tuition support if you wish to follow a Level 3 qualification whilst you work.
- Annual programme of in-house training to help cement your knowledge. NB. all Hillside support staff take advantage of the 5 paid training days each academic year.
- Hillside staff have the benefit of free membership to the School's health and wellbeing services which include Wellbeing clinics, Nurse support services, GP phone & video consultations, Counselling and Physio programmes if there is a medical need.
- To work alongside staff whose professional support is sought by Lancashire mainstream schools.
What we expect from you:
- A positive attitude to work within a dedicated class team.
- Under the supervision of the class team you will be expected to assist the pupils and support the Teacher during the school day.
- To abide by the Code of conduct
Please refer to the job description for a fuller range of duties.
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in English/Literacy
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Mathematics/numeracy
- Experience of working with or caring for children/young people with special needs
- Experience of working with children from 3 – 19 years
For an informal discussion please contact 01772 782205