Teaching Assistant Level 1 Permanent - closing date 12 June 2023
Due to internal promotions we are looking to recruit a permanent Teaching Assistant Level 1.
Hillside is a Special School & College for children and young adults with autism. Presently we have 105 students ranging from age 4 to 19 years. We encourage a happy and professional culture and seek highly energetic and motivated staff who embrace challenge. We believe in the uniqueness of every student and offer a personalised approach to teaching.
School support staff have the advantage of working term time only with salary paid over 12 equal months – perfect for parents of school age children or if you enjoy extended summer travels. We have a permanent vacancy for immediate start, alternatively, there may be the opportunity to secure a short-term contract if you wish to test Teaching Assistant as a new career, without committing to a permanent role.
More Information about our school and requirements of new staff applicants can be found on our website at www.hillside.lancsngfl.ac.uk.
The working pattern is usually Monday to Friday 9:30 to 15:30.
What you can expect from us:
- The chance to work with our wonderful individual children and young adults.
- An opportunity to work towards higher qualifications to assist your progression
- Annual programme of in-house training to help cement your knowledge. NB. all Hillside support staff take advantage of the 5 paid training days each academic year.
- Hillside staff have the benefit of free membership to the School's Education Mutual health and wellbeing services which includes Wellbeing clinics, Nurse support services, GP consultations, Counselling and physio programmes.
- To work alongside staff whose professional support is sought by Lancashire mainstream schools.
What we expect from you:
- A positive attitude to work within a dedicated class team.
- Under the supervision of the class team you will be expected to assist the pupils and support the Teacher during the school day.
- To abide by the Code of conduct
Please refer to the job description for a fuller range of duties.
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in English/Literacy
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Mathematics/numeracy
- Experience of working with or caring for children/young people with special needs
- Experience of working with children from 3 – 19 years
For an informal discussion please contact 01772 782205
Proposed Interview Date To be confirmed
CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete an application form and return to email@example.com
Please make sure you read the information on our Vacancies Page which applies to all school roles.
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.